External counter pulsation, also commonly referred to as ECP, is an FDA and MOH-approved treatment available in Danai Medi-Wellness. It is a natural, non-invasive, non-surgical and painless outpatient treatment that works in harmony with your heart, improving blood circulation throughout your heart muscles and organs.
ECP treatment also helps minimise or eliminate discomforts relating to coronary artery diseases, such as angina and chest pains. It also helps with diabetes, high blood pressure, edema (body swelling), chronic fatigue, and impotence. People who have suffered from strokes or are obese can benefit from ECP too.
With that, let’s get into further details of an ECP treatment.
- Before undergoing an ECP treatment, you must first undergo a comprehensive medical profile with an echocardiogram to ensure they are free from any contraindications
- To avoid skin irritation from the cuffs used during the treatment, it is best to wear clothes that are tight-fitting and elastic.
- Avoid wearing dresses or skirts to the treatment. This is because the treatment would be administered through three pairs of external inflatable cuffs applied around the buttocks, upper legs and lower legs. Hence, pants would be a more suitable option instead.
- Stay calm and relaxed. The experience is a comfortable one, resembling a heavy hug rising upwards from your calves to your thighs and buttocks.
- Allocate enough time. A session takes one to two hours, and the overall treatment is usually administered 5 days a week for up to 7 weeks.
- Individuals with deep vein thrombosis (blood clot within a blood vessel), phlebitis (inflammation of a vein), or uncontrolled arrhythmia (altered heart rhythm) are not encouraged to go for ECP treatment.
- Pregnant women and anyone with high blood pressure, an elevated heart rate, or heart valve disease should avoid this treatment.
If you’re eligible, give your wellness a boost with ECP – healing hearts with zero drugs, zero surgery. Book an appointment with us and start enjoying the benefits from the very first session. Visit https://danaimediwellness.com/ for more details.